Saturday 25 July 2015

Brown Waterline Eye-liner that stays put!


I was a woman on a mission, on the hunt for a brown / bronze shade eye-liner that actually STAYS put in the water-line!!

Whilst I love a bold black line along my water-line, sometimes it's nice to mix it up and have a softer shade. Brown I find still does a great job of defining your eyes but somehow isn't as 'in your face' as black. It gives a softer subtle definition with still the hint of smoky-ness.

Here are my top picks that I love to use on those days when a black outline is just a bit too bold....



L to R: Urban decay whiskey / Mac Teddy / Eye of horus Bronze Amulet

MAC's Teddy Eye Kohl


I found this when I was searching on google for an brown eye-liner that stays on the water-line. It seems this is a very popular alternative to black and can be used on both lower and upper lash line to define and add a nice brown with a slight bronze hue. It is good to apply and stays on giving a nice definition to the eye. With a very slight bronze tint to it making it slightly warmer and a softer shade to wear.




Urban Decay 24/7 Eyeliner in 'Whiskey'


As you can imagine I spent a good while swatching at the Urban Decay counter, as their sheer choice of eye-liner colours is amazing! And a little bit over-whelming!! I finally settled on the shade whiskey as it was brown but had a slightly bronze shade to it without the glitter or shimmer (as i wanted it for my water-line, glitter irritates my eyes!). As with all Urban Decay eye-liners they are lovely and creamy to apply but once set they don't budge, so be quick to blend out before it sets!!

Eye of Horus Goddess Pencil - Bronze Amulet


I love this eye pencil for a more softer subtle look, great for a day time. Looks really pretty and has a smudger on the end so you could also use all over the eye lid blended in. A beautiful shade of bronzey-brown, and lovely and creamy to apply but also stays put, which is what you want it to do. 


MAC Technachol eye-liner (not pictured)
Just wanted to add this one in as a sort of fail and here's why....
This one I picked up on a whim, (not something I normally do - as I usually research before I buy) but anyway I had high hopes because after asking the mac assistant "does it definitely stay put in the water-line". She assured me it did. I get home, not only does it not stay on, it doesn't even go ON my water-line. I'm mentioning to prevent anyone else purchasing for the same purpose. It's not a total waste as I use it for a pop of colour to line the upper lashes.

So there you have it my brown eye-liners for when a black is a bit too.. well black!

No comments:

Post a Comment