Friday 29 May 2015

Brand Focus: First Aid Beauty Skincare

Brand focus / Spotlight on a brand

F.A.B Skincare - First Aid Beauty


First Aid beauty skincare cleanser radiance repair cream blog review


Lilli Gordon launched this skincare company in 2009 when she felt that products that worked felt like medicine or smelled great but irritated her skin. 
It is an american brand but is readily available at feelunique, lookfantastic and beautybay.

I get the feeling that at "First Aid Beauty" simplicity is a part of their ethos. Packaging is kept minimal and the products clearly state what they do, along with the ingredients list.
Their products are free from known irritants, harsh chemicals, parabens, phalates, fragrance, alcohol and artificial dyes.
Even suitable for sensitive skin types such as acnes and eczema.




This is a lovely gentle and mild creamy cleanser. Removes dirt and make-up from the skin without stripping it or making it feel tight or reddened.
Contains ingredients such as:
Feverfew, Licorice and Aloe to help clam irritation and redness
Glycerin to help protect and moisturise

Infused with antioxidants to scavenger those free radicals from the day.

I love how gentle this cleanser is on the skin, feels very soothing to use both morning and night. If I'm honest, not a huge fan of the scent - it's not overpowering or perfumed just more of a natural scent. This cleanser does such a good job that I am willing to overlook. I basically just breath through my mouth for a minute or two!
 I apply this to my dry face, then with a warm flannel the cleanser transforms into a milky consistancy. Leaves my face lovely and smoothe and freshly cleansed.







Facial Radiance Pads
When Caroline Hirons recommended these I knew I would end up getting them!
They are handy pads that contain both glycolic and lactic acid to keep your face .. well ... radiant.
Cucmber and Indian Goosberry tone the skin, helping to reduce visible pores.
Lemon peel and licorice root help to brighten and leave the skin glowing.

I use these after cleansing my face, usually in the evening as that's when I use a lot of my treatment skincare. Although it does say you can use both morning and night.
The tub has a screw top lid to keep the pads moist and fresh, the pad is so handy as it has just the right amount of product to swipe on my face. One side is embossed for trickier areas such as your chin and nose. The other side is smooth, great for cheeks and forehead.





Ultra Repair Cream
This is a very thick rich emolient cream. Great for those extra dry areas. Can be used on both the face and body. It is a lovely hydrating and soothing moisturiser, that helps to improve the natural barrier function of the skin.
Ingredients include oatmeal, shea butter and soothing eucalyptus oil, as-well as antioxidants to combat free radicals.
I use this as an over night moisture mask when my skin is feeling dry. A really lovely thick moisturiser that leaves your skin feeling smooth not at all greasy or irritated. I also use this on my elbows and any other dry patches that crop up. I find it absorbs easily and doesn't take forever to sink in like some moisturisers do.






Milk Oil Cleanser
I use this cleanser after I have removed my make-up with my bioderma micellar water, I then go in with this lovely 'no-rinse' milky cleanser, sweeping a cotton pad across my face to remove any left over make-up / sunscreen. 

I find this is a very gentle cleanser that at the same time really does help to nourish and hydrate my skin. Leaves it skin feeling supple and soft due to the coconut seed oil, meadowfoam seed oil and avocado oil. I tend not to rinse off although you could if you wanted to. 
This is my I'm feeling lazy 'go-to' face cleanser!









So those are the products I have tried from 'First Aid Beauty' Skincare. I really like how gentle the products are and how attention is paid to the ingredients that go into each skincare item as-well as leaving the harsh chemicals and other nasties out!

Highly recommend their skincare, if like me you have sensitive and easily irritated skin. So often cleansers leave my face feeling tight, stripped and red, these First Aid Beauty cleansers don't do that. Soothe and hydrate as-well.

The radiance pads although contain glycolic and lactic acid are gentle and have really helped my skin, with blemishes, oily t-zone as well as leaving my face feeling fresh without stinging or irritating my sensitive skin. I noticed a difference after my first use, my skin felt so much smoother the next morning! 

Have you tried any skincare products from First Aid Beauty?

No comments:

Post a Comment