Friday 17 April 2015

Your Cake is in the post!!

I know I am a Beauty Blogger but...
When Bakerdays.com got in touch and asked me to try their letterbox cake, I just couldn't resist, I said yes!!

Two of my favourite things colliding: 
Blogging and Cake!!!

The hardest part was narrowing down the choice! 
There was a cake with stars all over would have been perfect but the butterfly one just caught my eye, it was far too pretty to resist!


I have to admit though, the thought of a cake coming through the post filled me first with excitement!! Obviously!

But then dread too… 
"Will the postman squash it? Will it go through the letterbox? Will it arrive in a big crumby mess?"

I really needn't have worried as it was packaged very securely:
And arrived in one piece.

bakerdays.com birthday cake review blog personalise

On a card, wrapped in cellophane, in a tin and an outer envelope/box with the address on. 

bakerdays.com letterbox birthday cake post design personalise review blog


bakerdays.com letterbox birthday cake post design personalise review blog

This really couldn't have arrived on a better day!! 
I was feeling rubbish from a nasty cold and very sorry for myself. I couldn't help but smile when the postman popped it through the letterbox and I opened the cutest tin to find a delicious smelling cake with my blog’s name on it!

bakerdays.com letterbox cake post design personalise review blog

Surprising that special someone with a thoughtful cake to let them know you are thinking of them, couldn't be easier.

They fit through the letterbox (no need to wait in for delivery) and truly will make that persons day.

There are literally dozens of designs to choose from here
Get well, Congratulations, New baby, Christening, Holy Communion, Birthday (of course), Celebrity, Humour, Sport and Children's Cakes from 'Frozen' to '1D' to Super-Heroes!! 
Have to admit I was very tempted by the 'Disney Frozen Olaf cake' - I had to have a quiet word with myself seeing as I am ... ahem! - a lot older than the age it says on the cake (lets put it that way!!)

If they don’t have it, there is always the option to create your own photo or message cake personalise the message.
Perhaps a sorry, a belated birthday, going away cake or Just because! 
(who needs a birthday to have cake? -I don’t!).

Oh and did I mention they also do cupcakes? So you can get a name, age or even a photo on them!! 
Great for parties, in the office or a thank you to a team of people. Cup-cakes




The Letterbox Cake however, is the perfect size for 1-4 people, but if it was for one person the cake keeps very nicely in the re-usable tin for up-to 14 days.
(I can guarantee it shan't be sticking around for that long in my house!!). 

Mine was a Chocolate Chip Sponge Cake made with Belgian chocolate and was utterly delicious!! 
But you can also select from vanilla sponge, fruit cake, gluten wheat free cake as-well as dairy free cake!

bakerdays.com letterbox cake post design personalise review blog


This idea is genius, for those of us who can’t be there in person on someone’s special day, you can let them know you are thinking of them. Much better than a card as you then get to eat it!! Trust me it tastes so good!

It cheered me up and if I didn't know it was coming, I definitely would have been in tears (of joy!).

So what you waiting for? head over to www.bakerdays.com where you will just be in awe of the sheer choice. 
Make that loved one's day!

No comments:

Post a Comment