Friday 6 February 2015

Stila One Step Correct Primer Review

Stila One Step 'Correct' Primer

stila one step correct primer redness rosacea swatch review

I have been after this primer for  aggeeees! No really! Everytime I went into boots it was always sold out!!
A chance pop in to the m&s beauty counters before Christmas resulted in me snapping up the last one on the shelf!!
At last I could try this popular primer for myself.

Here's my thoughts;

First of all Can we just take a minute to admire the helix Dna shape to it inside the bottle! It is a super fun design and interesting to look at!

It has shades Green, Peach and Lavender...
Don't worry as they are actually very subtle once applied.

GREEN Is to reduce any redness, which I definitely need for my cheeks.
LAVENDER Helps to counteract any dullness or sallowness, adding a bit of illumination to your face.
PEACH Helps to brighten, illuminate and even out the skin tone.

stila one step correct primer redness rosacea swatch review
Left is one pump, on the right it is blended in.

As this is a primer I find one or two pumps spread over my face helps to prepare my skin for the next stage of foundation. I like to concentrate mainly on the areas I know will get oily throughout the day such as my t-zone, chin and forehead first. Then I concentrate on my cheeks ensuring the redness is nicely primed. I would imagine you could also wear this alone as it helps to even everything out but I wouldn't say it was a full coverage more of a subtle preparation ready for the foundation. I has a green tint to it when blended in which if worn alone may make you appear ill? 

As for the primer itself, it feels lovely and nourishing once applied, it's light and not sticky at all feels like a slightly thicker green moisturiser. It gives a really good base for your foundation to cling to with the added bonus of helping with the colouring too.

stila one step correct primer redness rosacea swatch review

Overall I am so glad I snapped this up, I have been using it every-time I wear liquid foundation and can see me getting lots of use in the future, especially during the winter when the cruel wind ensures my cheeks are permanently red!!
Have you tried Stila's Colour correcting Primer? What are your thoughts?

Take time for you. Take care and look after yourself.
Thanks for popping by luv acesparklestar xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment