Monday 23 February 2015

One Swipe Eyes - School Run Edit

One swipe - Eyes. School run Edit

Us mums know the drill... Kids are all fed, packed n ready for school leaving just all of 2 minutes to look some sort of presentable! 

My solution is eye crayons, they're quick, easy and very hard to get wrong.





My top picks..

Maybelline Colour tattoos are so quick and to easy to add a 'pop' of colour to the eyes. They come in some pretty shades depending on what you're looking for. My favourite shade is 'On and on bronze' and 'Pink Gold' both are really pretty everyday shades for a daytime look. Once on they stay put and don't budge until you are ready to remove. Are lovely and creamy to apply which make a perfect eye-shadow base too.

Clinque chubby sticks
Softer and more blend-able before they set, there are plenty of pretty shades to choose from. Twist up mechanism no sharpener required, so no product waste either. The only down side is they are on the pricey-er side but lovely as a treat maybe to buy with boots points.

Kiko is such a great affordable luxury quality cosmetics brand and their eye sticks are just amazing!! Really do last all day and come in a fab array of colours.

Soap & Glory
The daily double lid shadow and liner sticks are 2 in 1 eye-shadow pencils that are so handy to have in your make-up bag. I'm not kidding once on these last on the eye lid until you remove them! The only down-side is we need more colours please!!
Side-note: If you're looking for a sharpener that fits these pencils I use my bourjois one

N07 Stay Perfect Shade & Define
I used my No7 voucher towards this eye-shadow stick. Have to say I really like it, doesn't budge. I apply to the lid and smudge in with my fingers. Love that the sharpener is in the end of the pencil, no more routing around in your make-up bag.

Bare Minerals Primers also come in different shades which are great for priming the lid but also can add a wash of colour to the eyes.


Additional mention goes to these
Colour Chameleons by Charlotte Tilbury
(Forgot to photograph them with the others! oops)

What I love about these is she really does take the guess work out of the equation. 
They are actually colour coded to suit your eye colour. With a shade for a day time look and a night one too.
The formula really is spot on, you get a few seconds to a minute to blend and work in on the eyelid then it sets for All day. Will not smudge budge or move!!

I have green eyes so my shade picks for me are...
Day: 'Bronzed Garnet'
Night: 'Amethyst Aphrodisiac' 
Bronzed Garnet which is a sexy bronze brown shimmer shade, lovely for day time wear.
'Amethyst Aphrodisiac is a sultry purple shimmer shade. When I say shimmer it's a fine shimmer, not big chunks of glitter that are visible. A sort of metallic.
Both shades really make green eyes POP and are so easy to do... just like colouring in your eye-lid!!

So there's my go-to eye shades I grab when I have to be up and out on the school walk.

 Take time for you. Take care and look after yourself.
Thanks for popping by luv acesparklestar xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment