Monday 2 February 2015

January 2015 Favourites Round-Up


The first monthly round-up of 2015!! Here's what I have been using this past month...

acesparklestar january favourites 2015 round-up #bblogger beauty blog

Ok so this past month has been a bit of a chilly one so lip balms have been essential for me. Without them my lips get horribly dry and cracked so again my Rev de meil stick has been a staple.

Foundation, this month I have been trying out the Smashbox foundation I was lucky to pick up on their Halloween give away. Read about it here 
I have found it to be really nice to wear, long lasting and best of all doesn't cake or look overly thick. Feels lovely and light and is great to buff onto the face using RT expert face brush. Claims to be 15 hour wear - can't really comment on this as don't actually wear my foundation for that amount of time, but I will say it does stay put at least 9 hours. 

Another product I'm trying out this month is Stila's One Step Colour corrector. I was after this for ages, was always out of stock but finally managed to snag the last one in the M&S beauty hall!! Was worth the wait. Have to say it's a little bit scary looking when you pump it onto your hand as it does look very green, however with me having redness I very much want to cover up, this creates a great base for my foundation. It does also have shades of peach and lavender to also brighten the skin but the green seems to be the primary colour correcting shade. I love the Dna helix design of the bottle, plus you can see how much you actually have left which is always a bonus.

Adding a bit of colour to my pale face I have been using an old favourite Too Faced Chocolate Bronzer, not only is it a lovely matte shade but smells amazingly of ... yes you guessed it Chocolate!

Sometimes I feel a black eye-line is a bit too much for a day time look and i want something a bit more subtle but that still give definition to my eye. I have been loving using MAC's Teddy eye-liner pencil, as it is a pretty shade of brown with slight hint of bronze. It's lovely to apply and best of all goes on and stay put in my lower lash line. Something that not all eye-liners can say!

A swipe of Maybelline's colour tattoo or NO7's shade & define in 'Cool mink' is mainly what I've been wearing on my eyelids in 'On and on bronze' with MAC's Shroom eye-shadow in the inner corner to brighten and highlight.

Have been enjoying all the drama over on Celebrity Big Brother this month... oh sorry should I say the "Perez show!!" 
If you watch you will know all about the drama and activities that have gone on!

I'm definitely routing for fabulous Michelle Visage. 


So that's it my January Round-up, hope you have had a great month.

Take time for you. Take care and look after yourself.
Thanks for popping by luv acesparklestar xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment