Thursday 1 January 2015

December 2014 Favourites Round-Up


December / Christmas 2014
Favourites Round-Up



First of all, I hope you all had a lovely Christmas holiday and Happy New Year!!
I'm back after a small break taking time out to spend with my family this festive season.

So here's what i've been loving this past month:

ysl black opium perfume essential molecules chanel lipstick dedicace


After my 5km run (where my sister and I raised over £2000 for Macmillan Cancer Support Charity) I popped to Selfridges when they were doing their 10% off. Made a bee line straight for the Chanel counter.
Thought after my training I deserved a treat to self! I chose a lipstick appropriately named 'Dedicace'
It is a pretty pink shade and a deliciously creamy formula, such a joy to wear!

chanel lipstick dedicace


Books:

sali hughes pretty honest lena dunham not that kind of girl oprah winfrey


For Christmas I got Salli Hughes 'Pretty Honest' Book, so am looking forward to finally getting to read it! I somehow managed to avoid all reviews on blogs and twitter!! Along with Lena dunham's book 'Not that kind of girl' another must read that I am very late for!

I have already started reading Oprah Winfreys' 'What I know for sure' and it is a very interesting and positive read. I love the fact that it has a ribbon book marker and is a handy sized hard back book.

Food been loving the limited blue wrapper edition of Snickers ... which has extra chocolate in. Unfortunately they some how disappeared!! Oop!


Perfume I have been loving is Essential Molecules 0101 and YSL Black Opium both of which santa left me in my stocking! They smell equally delicious. I'm sure that a review won't be far behind!

My lips have been so chapped with the cold weather so I bought the rev de miel lip-balm in stick form so I could apply whilst out and about. 

Nuxe rev de miel stick lip balm


It is lovely and hydrating, easy to apply and really helps to soothe dry lips. 
The only thing I would say it's not as thick or matte as the pot version but a very good day alternative! 
I now use the pot lip-balm before bed and take the stick in my bag.


Been loving using this hand cream, 'Le Couvent des minimes gardeners hand cream' as my hands have been equally dry and chapped. It was in my 'British Beauty Blogger box 2' and find it lovely and hydrating to use. Not greasy and a blend of 7 magical plants help to heal and protect!


So that is my December round-up. Have you tried any of the products or read the books?

Take time for you. Take care and look after yourself.
Thanks for popping by luv acesparklestar xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment