Tuesday 18 November 2014

Soft-Box or not?!


Whilst I love Autumn ... nights drawing in, cozying up to the fire with a hot chocolate. The downside as a blogger is there is never enough light to take photos for my blog! 
Even in the day time, the sun is rarely out so the photos I do take seem to look dull. Normal lights make the picture appear yellow and not true to colour.

I have been 'umming' and 'arghhing' for months over these lights. 
In the summer months I was able to take lovely bright photos with the help of the sunshine!! Whilst the sun still makes a occasional appearance, lets face it... it's also blooming freezing out there. Don't really fancy going out in the cold plus shivering makes my camera shake!! Brrr!

So anyway, I finally took the plunge and I have to say I really wish I had sooner!!
These soft-boxes were sat in my Amazon 'Wish list' for ages before one day I just thought, "I love blogging, I'm enjoying it and I want my photos to reflect my love of blogging and be the best I can do" (If that makes sense?)

They arrived a few days later... I was a bit worried about the ones I chose as they were cheaper and not a named version, but i needn't have as they work perfectly, are great quality and are very easy to set up plus the height is adjustable as well as the angle!!

soft-box continuous lighting photographer blog beauty blog photos


I've been using a soft-box for a few weeks now and it gives me the freedom to take photos whenever the inspiration strikes .... even if that is midnight!! 
I can't imagine being without, as it allows me to take bright and clear photos at any-time of the day or night. 

A soft box is basically a lamp with a box shade around it to diffuse the light, you then add the detachable white cover over to make sure you don't get harsh shadows on the picture. (Held on with velcro). Photographers Soft-boxes in taking portrait photos. 
The lamp uses a special 135w bulb which emits the equivalent of daylight. 

When I have finished they fold up again very neatly to store away behind the couch!!

So if you are in two minds whether to get a soft box, I would whole heartedly say go for it! Very much worth it and take up only a little room once dismantled. 

You will wonder what you ever did without them! 
Gives you the freedom to blog whenever the mood strikes.

If you are interested the ones I clicked from Amazon were here

Take time for you. Take care and look after yourself.
Thanks for popping by luv acesparklestar xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment