Tuesday 5 August 2014

My MAC Lipstick Birthday haul


MAC Lipstick Birthday haul
Last Saturday saw my birthday. I am yet another year older and of course wiser! Hmmm!
Headed straight for MAC with my birthday cash and here is what I chose ....

MAC lipstick pinks birthdayMAC lipstick haul

MAC lipstick impassioned flat out fabulous happy go lucky blog review

Happy-Go-Lucky, Flat-Out-Fabulous, Impassioned
MAC Lipsticks

MAC lipstick impassioned happy go lucky flat out fabulous swatches
Swatches from Left to Right:
Impassioned, Flat-out-fabulous & Happy-go-lucky.

Impassioned Lipstick
I chose this because it is unlike any colour I have. It's a red-y-pinky pop of colour. 
Mac describe this as a 'Amped up Fuchsia'
Amplified Creme lipstick. Lovely and creamy to apply with a good colour pay-off.
MAC Impassioned Amplified Lipstick swatch review

MAC impassioned lipstick swatched on lips

Flat-Out-Fabulous
This is my first ever 'Retro Matte' formula. Matte lipsticks can be quite drying and my lips are rarely chap free! Since using Nuxe reve de miel lip-balm, my lips have been much more nourished, hence why I took the plunge and opted for this 'Retro Matte'.
I thought, if I don't get on with a matte finish i'll just add a lip-gloss or Papaya Gold paw paw balm over the top to change it up and add a sheen.

Flat-Out-Fabulous is a bright Plum fuchsia, tinged with pink, with a retro matte finish.

A 'Retro Matte' formula is a matte lipstick only matte-er! 
Like i said can be a little drying and settle into and chapped lines so prep is essential before hand. Lip-balm is a must.
MAC flat out fabulous swatch review beauty blog

Flat-Out-Fabulous is the middle swatch. 

MAC flat out fabulous swatch

Happy-Go-Lucky Lipstick
This one I chose partly because..well I love the name! but also because I was after a bright hot pink. 
It was a toss-up between this or candy yum yum. 
I chose happy-go-lucky for it's amplified creme finish. Colour with a creamy sheen finish to it
So if you are looking for a candy yum yum colour pay-off that's not a matte finish this 'happy-go-lucky' is the one for you. 
With it's amplified creamy formula and great colour pop!


MAC Happy go lucky Amplified lipstick review swatches


Think 'Impassioned' and 'Happy-go-lucky' are really lovely brights perfect to wear for summer. 
'Flat-out-fabulous' will be a lovely plum-fuchsia for Autumn.
Forgot to mention MAC lipsticks have a gorgeous vanilla scent and taste!

Have you tried any of these delicious lipstick colours?

Take time for you. Take care and look after yourself.
Thanks for popping by luv acesparklestar xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment