Thursday 7 August 2014

Confession... I seem to be a bit of a Lipstick FIEND

My name is Adele and I am a Lipstick fiend!!


Lipstick Fiend


As of late can't seem to go anywhere near MAC without picking up another lipstick shade ..... or 3. (My last post is proof of that!)
Admittedly, in my defence their lipsticks are such great quality, the formula spot on and the sheer selection of colours to choose from are fantastic. I am literally spoilt for choice. Oh and smell and taste of delicious vanilla.

I love their quirky names.
For example... 
'Chatterbox' I had this one on my wish-list for a while. 
Went shopping fully not intending to buy any make-up, I failed miserably when I saw a poster of some sort on a phone-box that said 'chatterbox' ....Well obviously it had to be a sign!! 
I have to say I am so glad I bought it because it is such a pretty pink lipstick. 
One of my all time favourite MAC colours.

So anyway...

This got me thinking... 

Why do I enjoy lipstick so much?
Here's what I came up with....

Lipstick does not go up a size.
Is always there for you when you have a bad day.
Never fails to brighten your smile.
You can instantly look more awake & put together with one swipe.
Contains no calories.
Does not judge or comment.
Can fit in your handbag or pocket.
Doesn't ask anything of you...other than not to leave in the hot sun to melt!
You always look like you have made an effort when wearing lipstick.
Can change up an outfit.
Can be worn throughout all the seasons.

Can make you feel extra special
Lastly
Makes you feel good & gives you that extra bit of confidence.

I know it's a lot for one little tube to achieve, but the 'pop' of a bold lip colour never fails to cheer me up. 
Even if it is just around the house!! 
Yes... I have been known to do the dishes wearing MAC's 'Girl about town' or 'Pink Pigeon' and why not eh?!!

That's without mentioning the thrill I get from choosing the colour, swatching them all on my hand, (eventually deciding on the one I swatched first) and hurrying home to try it on!

Oh and one more thing the Queen wears it and touches up the lipstick on the go!!
Don't believe me?.....

Her majesty the queen lipstick

Told you!!
So next time you're feeling a bit blue, reach for that special lipstick and smile!!

Take time for you. Take care and look after yourself.
Thanks for popping by luv acesparklestar xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment