Sunday 1 June 2014

Month of May Favourites


Can not believe it is now June! 

Thought I would do a little round up of things I have been using over the past month of May.




So glad I discovered this range in the skincare isle of Boots. 
The foundation and concealer do such a great job of covering any redness I have and especially good if I am having bad skin day. 
The setting powder is just brilliant. Sets your make-up to a smudge proof finish without altering the colour of your foundation. Read my how I use all three review here

On my lips...
This month I discovered yet another (oops!)
MAC lipstick I love in 'Lustering'


Such a pretty shade of pink, not quite a hot pink but then it's not a nude pink either. A perfect in between shade.






I picked up my first Physicians Formula product in the form of a shimmer strip, featuring my favourite colour purple!!
 I know they are not available to buy in the UK as they are a US brand but occasionally if you are lucky good ol' TKMaxx have some of their products.








Skincare.... 






I have been using the body shop's Camomile cleansing oil both morning and night. Does such a good job of cleansing without leaving a greasy residue. Doesn't leave my skin feeling tight or red plus smells good too!





For the next step I have been alternating between Pixi glow tonic and La Roche Posay physiological soothing toner. Lastly L'oreal facial oil and Make a difference moisturiser were my skin quenchers of choice.
Additionally Effaclar duo+ when i have a blemish or three!









What I am reading....

How to fall in love by Cecelia Ahern.


Am really enjoying reading this book, find it hard to put down. 
To sum up it's about Christine who one night accidentally comes across a stranger who is going to jump from a bridge. Really wanting to help she makes a deal with him. She has two weeks til his birthday to show him that life is worth living. Ironically her life isn't all that great either but she takes on the challenge after all the self help books she has read surely she can do this!? Or has she bitten off more than she can chew?....
Well you will have to read it to find out!







This past month of May was a great one for magazine freebies!! Nails inc, Aromatherapy associates skincare and benefits pore-fessional. 
Here's hoping June is just as good!




I also discovered Urban decay's Super saturated lip pencil in 'Love Child'
Have been enjoying wearing this shade, slightly different from the usual nude colours I reach for.
Review here








Anyway that's my little round up of May.
 Hope you have had a good one and enjoy the month of June!

Take time for you. Take care and look after yourself.
Thanks for popping by luv acesparklestar xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment