Friday 18 April 2014

My Ultimate MAC Eye-shadow Quad


My Ultimate Mac Quad Eye-shadow Palette

My top 4 MAC Eye-shadows, I chose to include in my bespoke eye palette.

 Use constantly and highly recommend!!

If you are new to MAC eye-shadows. You buy the empty palette (available as a 2, 4 or 15).

Then you chose the refill eye-shadow pans you wish to fill it with.

It's a great way to create your own eye-shadow set with colours you have chosen, instead of pre filled ones that usually have one or two colours that aren't really your style!

You can also mix and change whatever the mood you fancy.


Top Left: Naked Lunch
Is a lovely subtle pink highlighter with a very slight shimmer to it. 
I use for inner corners and to use all over my eyelid up to my brow bone.

Top Right: All that Glitters
Such a versatile colour. A light beige with slight shimmer of gold to it.
Use alone as just a hint of sheen and sparkle or use as an all over eyelid with satin taupe worked into the crease as in below photo.

All that glitters all over lid, naked lunch inner corner highlight and satin taupe worked into the crease.


Bottom Right: Wood-Winked
MAC describe this as a warm Antique Gold. Is a warm brown colour with a slight golden-sheen.
This is one of those eye-shadows that just this one colour alone makes it look like you have spent more time on your eyes that you actually have!
Looks like you have blended into the crease, even when you haven't.
So a great one to pick if time is of the essence!!




Bottom Right: Satin Taupe
Taupe with a silver shimmer.
This is a lovely bronze grey taupe with a slight purple tinge to it.
Looks great when blended into your eyelid crease.


So there you have it a great all rounder self picked quad.
All the eye-shadows can be worn alone, mixed and blended in the crease to create stunning everyday eye looks.

This little beauty is always in my make-up bag that resides in my handbag so is in constant use!
My go to eye-shadows.... when I'm not sure what eye look I want I reach for this.
Inspiration just pops into my head!

Take time for you. Take care and look after yourself.
Thanks for popping by luv acesparklestar xoxo

Which MAC four eye-shadows would you recommend?
More to the point.... can you whittle it down to just 4??
I'll leave you to ponder that one!?

No comments:

Post a Comment