Sunday 2 March 2014

When spots attack.....Effaclar Duo + Origins

Spot treatments I have found to work for me and help calm the redness.

I am always on the hunt for spot busting creams and serums, 
that work and do what they promise to do. 

After trialling lots of different types i now have it narrowed down to these little heroes.




I don’t have lots of spots (did when i was younger) but instead have pesky stubborn ones that seem to stick around forever. Especially by my chin. 
Then i’ll get the occasional angry deep rooted red one, that has its own postcode!!
That's when i go full force into blitz mode!!


First point of action is La Roche Posay Effaclar A.I 

 
(As you can see from photo is well loved!!)

This is a targeted treatment, i tend to apply this every few hours. 

Cannot recommend this highly enough it really does a great job of reducing my spot and the angriness. 
Is really gentle on the skin and doesn't dry it out. A cream formula.

Next i will alternate that every few hours or so with Origins spot remover.



I Love this spot treatment as this does a really great job of drying and shrinking the pesky spot, reducing its life by a day or 2. 
It contains Salicylic Acid, to help speed the healing process and unclog the spot but also Caffeine and red algae to calm the redness of the skin around it..
Its a lovely gel to apply, tingles slightly upon applying to my angrier spots but that just reassures me it’s doing something. 
Definitely see a speedier demise of spots when they appear!
Wish this existed when i was a teenager!! Would have seriously stocked up!!

After my morning, as well as evening skincare, before moisturiser i will apply
La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo



I apply this to all of my face but mainly concentrating on my nose, chin and forehead areas.
I feel this really helps to unclog my pores but also helps with the texture and smoothness of my skin. Makes a great base to then apply your foundation. I find it really helps to keep any oiliness under control with continued use.

La Roche Posay then went and did one better adding a plus to the mix, Effaclar Duo +


When i saw the + I thought do i really need the updated version? 
So I did some reading....

The + being the added ingredient ‘procerad’. This is a ceramide that helps to protect and fight against red marks and scars left behind after the angry spots have long disappeared.

Helps to mattify your skin and with regular use can help to control the appearance of shine.
The new gel-cream texture feels lovely and light on my skin, doesn't feel greasy or heavy and doesn't feel at all tingly when applying. 
Can even be used on sensitive skin, it really is that gentle.

So if like me you want to protect against those red marks and scars would definitely recommend the updated version.

 All 3 of these products have calmed and reduced the redness of the angry spot i have currently on my cheek. 

La Roche Posay is a French pharmacy brand that is widely available at Boots. Escentual.com.


So there you have it my 3 pronged attack of those pesky spots.

Hope this helps x

What do you do when you suffer from an angry spot or break-out?

Take time for you. Take care and look after yourself.
Thanks for popping by luv acesparklestar xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment