Saturday 8 February 2014

Pixi Glow Tonic Exfoliating Toner Review


Pixi Glow Tonic Elixir
Review



Everyone in the beauty world seemed to have tried this and raved about it. 
I desperately wanted to get my hands on it, so I carefully instructed my lovely sis to pop in to the London Pixi store ....on a mission, alas to no avail, it was sold out. 
Not to worry, I thought, as I had heard, it was going to be available to purchase online. 
However, every time i checked the website it was Surprise, Surprise.....out of stock!!!

This stuff must be good, it’s getting snapped up left right and centre! 
Thus making me want it even more!

Then just by pure chance, i checked the website at 2 am, there it was ‘In Stock’.
My heart skipped a beat, did a double take and hastily added it to basket. 
Barely breathing as i clicked through the checkout. In my head i was thinking “its going to be out of stock, or it’s an error”.
But luckily enough, a few days later, it landed on my doorstep. 
Finally!! 
I could try this wonder product recommended by so many, and judge it for myself.



First thoughts.
I really like the minimal packaging, it looks sleek & simple. 
Has a lovely peachy colour to the liquid and best of all, smells of roses.


For those of you who haven’t heard of the Pixi Glow Tonic
It is a toner as well as an exfoliator. 
Instead of using beads and scrubs to remove dead skin it uses Glycolic Acid.

Now i know what you are thinking….. ACID?? On my face??
Don’t worry it is only 5%!

Ok, here comes the science bit… I am not a scientist, but from what i have googled this is my interpretation…

Glycolic acid is used to improve the skin's appearance and texture.
It may reduce wrinkles, acne scarring, hyperpigmentation. The glycolic acid reacts with the upper layer of the epidermis, weakening the binding properties of the lipids that hold the dead skin cells together. This allows them to be exfoliated, exposing the live skin cells beneath.

Phew, now that’s out the way….

As for the actual tonic i find it to be lovely and refreshing, leaving my skin feeling revived and toned radiant. Doesn’t tingle, sting or tighten my skin. I find it to be gentle enough for my sensitive skin and much prefer it to using facial scrubs. Because most facial scrubs contain beads to slough the dead skin off, it tended to leave my face red and irritated.


Alcohol free, containing fructose means this won’t dry your skin out and will hydrate it too.
Leaving a glowing, healthy face, prepped and prepared for your next step in your skincare routine…. serum or moisturiser.

Ingredients like Aloe Vera & Witch Hazel help to calm the skin. 
Whilst Ginseng refreshes and fructose hydrates.



I have heard lots of beauty lovers describe this as a P50 dupe, however having never tried the P50 version i can’t really comment. I do know that the Pixi version is much more affordable. 
Is overall an excellent exfoliating refreshing but hydrating toner. Very effective at removing dead skin cells to reveal a healthy looking skin.

The only very small gripe i do have, is the pump, whilst it is nice to have a pump on the bottle it does tend to squirt everywhere if I'm not careful. 
To remedy this i take a square flat cotton pad and sort of wrap it around the nozzle.



Highly recommend this exfoliating tonic.
Does a fantastic job, smells nice and is a great price for what it does.
A absolute joy to use. Love it!



Last time I checked on the website, it was again out of stock, boo!
I’ll include the site below just in case, on the off chance. Definitely worth a try. 
There is a reason it is always sold out!!



Take time for you. Take care and look after yourself.
Thanks for popping by luv acesparklestar xoxo

Have you tried the Pixi glow tonic? 
What did you think? Or any similar products you can recommend?

No comments:

Post a Comment